Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cola Chicken Wings


Masterchef is over for the year (well and truly over actually....excuse my lateness) but it hasn't stopped inspiring me to try one of their recipes. And with a BBQ for a group of rowdy friends (in the most endearing term honestly!) I thought these would be perfect.

Ingredients
750ml cola
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 large brown onion, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1kg chicken wings, cut at the joints
Juice of one lemon



Method
1. Preheat oven to 140°C fan forced.
2. Combine cola, sugar, garlic, onion and soy in a bowl.



3. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer in a deep oven tray and pour over cola mixture.



4. Bake for 3-3.5 hours or until sauce is thick and very sticky.







I doubled the quantities to make sure I'd have enough which is why there is more than one tray in my photos - just making that clear.

I really really liked these chicken wings, but I got mixed reactions for them. My family didn't enjoy it, saying they were too sweet (I heated them up in the microwave the next day so maybe that's why?)  Sweet meat is just not something my family enjoy.

On the other hand the party guests loved them (as did I). So just depends on whether you like sweet meat or not. And also if you like a good beer to chug down whilst gnawing on one of these cola wings ;)

1 comment:

  1. ive always wanted to make this! i reckon if you tell people its made with coke they will expect the sweetness mmm

    ReplyDelete