This is a non food related post but an important one none the less.
I'm sure everyone is well aware of the tragic floods in Queensland with 13 deaths and 74 people still missing. The outpour of help and support has been really amazing (and that's just on Facebook would you believe!). There are many pages setting up auctions for handmade items with the money going towards helping the flood victims. You could also donate directly to the Queensland government here.
Or donate by phone 1800 219 028
Or Internet banking
Account name: Premiers Disaster Relief Appeal
BSB: 064 013
Account Number: 1000 6800
But if you are a bit of a Facebook addict like me (and love handmade products), you can go on and check out these wonderful pages who are hosting auctions:
- Jazzy Kids Auction (bidding has already started, ending 11am Wed 19th Jan)
- The Oz Material Girls or TOMG $1 Auction (Auction starts 12 noon Syd time Fri 14th Jan and ends 8.30pm Mon 24th Jan)
Both of which I have donated items from my Facebook page KC's Hairclip Studio (my other passion apart from food) for auction.
Other awsome pages helping out are:
- Handmade Kids & Rudy & The Dodo Flood Appeal (Auction starts 11am EST Fri 14th Jan and ends 12 midnight Mon 17th Jan)
- Wholesale Baby (bidding has already started, ending 5pm EST Fri 16th Jan)
- flickwillfixit.com.au (bidding has already started, ending 7pm Fri 21st Jan)
- Summerblossom Handmade Accessories (bidding has already started, ending 10am Tues 18th Jan)
I'm sure there are a lot more holding auctions but this is all I know of so far.
On behalf of everyone, thank you for doing such a wonderful job at organising these auctions and taking the time to be part of this wonderful wonderful cause! And thank you to the people who are donating their fabulous handmade goodies for the auction!
Please all you fellow Australians take some time to have a look or let others know and we can all help out where we can. Better yet, maybe make a bid or 2 on some items : )
Every little bit counts guys!
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.