2. Forgot to buy bread crumbs and
3. Lazy and figured I'd save time skipping this extra step
And I'm glad about it too because it turned out really well. Next time I'll attempt the breaded deep fried version but I think I'd still prefer this way more.
Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe
1 cup grated or chopped mozzarella
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried oregano
10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
salt & pepper
1. Cut eggplant into 1cm slices and sprinkle salt over both sides and let stand for around 3omins
2. Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with paper towel
3. Saute the onions then add the rest of the sauce ingredients and simmer for 10mins
4. Pour a layer of sauce into a baking dish, then layer with eggplant, then add the cheese on top of each slice of eggplant, continuing on layer upon layer, finishing off with the mozzarella on the top.
5. Bake for approximately 3omins
All the layers with heaps of mozzarella on top