Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dinner at the Wong's + Nigella's Coca Cola Cake

My brother and sister-in-law invited us over for dinner Sunday night and what was on the menu? For starters we had deep fried chicken wings and prawn chips (Justin - I should get you to photoshop all my lousy photos before I post it! He is clearly the photographer in the family). And look he even did a nice job plating it!
And mains we had T-bone steak with creamy mushroom sauce, mixed green salad and the mandatory boiled rice. We are asian. We have rice with everything. Even when we order KFC (take away), we always cook rice at home to have on the side.

Mmmmmm so good! And we finished off with my verion of Nigella Lawson's Coca Cola Cake. Please excuse the photo quality.....I took these photos and don't know how to use photoshop....nor can I be bothered to learn.

I had to bake the mixture in 2 different moulds because I currently do not have a decent sized cake tin. So the above picture is the bottom layer with coca cola icing smeared on.

I placed the top layer on and drizzled the icing over it. Kinda looks like a donut.

It was a nice moist cake although I didn't taste any coke or really I should say it didn't taste like Pepsi because I ran out of coke.

I'm going to try this recipe again because I think using Pepsi and also silcone bakeware may have affected the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment